Express Scripts FAQs
Express Scripts, a pharmacy benefit manager, completed its merger with Medco Health Solutions on April 2, 2012. The combined company will be known as Express Scripts. GEHA members will get their prescriptions in the same way they did before. In addition, GEHA members will see the Express Scripts/Medco name on their member materials. There is no change to their pharmacy benefits as a result of the merger.
Here are some items of note:
- Members will continue to receive the medications they need without changes to their pharmacy benefit or retail pharmacy network.
- No action is needed by members.
- Members can continue to call the number currently listed on their benefit card or their home delivery bottle for refills or for any pharmacy-related questions.
- Members can continue to use the same website and mobile app.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
Q: What kind of company is Express Scripts? Or Medco?
A: Express Scripts and Medco are pharmacy benefit managers. The combined company will improve patient health while driving down the cost of prescription drugs.
Q: When was the merger finalized?
A: The merger was finalized on April 2, 2012.
Q: How will the merger impact me as a member?
A: There are no changes to your pharmacy benefit as a result of the merger. You are not required to do anything. Your prescription-drug benefits or home-delivery services will not be affected. You will continue to get the medications you need and the same high-quality service you expect. For the immediate future:
- You will continue to make your payments payable to the same company you always have.
- You will not need to change retail pharmacies.
- You will continue to send your prescription orders to the same home delivery pharmacy address.
- You will continue to use the same phone number to contact us.
- You will continue to use the same website and mobile app.
Q. Will my medications be shipped from another location?
A. Yes. You may now get your prescription from an Express Scripts Pharmacy or from a Medco Pharmacy, depending on a number of factors, including weather, supply or proximity of the pharmacy to your home.
Q: Will my medication packaging/labels look different?
A. Express Scripts is now shipping from both Express Scripts and Medco pharmacies, so you may notice some changes to the color, shape, and cap of your prescription bottle and the packaging it’s shipped in. There are no changes to your medications, and they are being filled and shipped as safely and accurately as they always have.
Q. My medicine is temperature sensitive, and it came in different packaging. Is it still safe to take it?
A. Packaging for temperature-sensitive prescriptions may be different based on the pharmacy that it was shipped from, but all packaging meets the temperature requirements for safely shipping your medication.
Q: Will my medications be more expensive?
A: No. There will be no changes in your prescription-drug plan or your medications as a result of the merger, and you will continue to receive the same high level of care you expect.
Q: Will my copayment change?
A: No. Your copayment will not change as a result of the merger.