Choose Connection Dental Plus for your dependent's dental coverage.
Connection Dental Plus®
GEHA's Connection Dental Plus plan offers year-round enrollment for:
- Current or former federal employees
- Survivor annuitants
- Dependent children no longer eligible under their parent's FEDVIP dental plan
This plan allows dependents who have aged out of their parent's FEDVIP plan to have their own comprehensive dental plan that offers affordable coverage for routine, intermediate and major dental care services.
Enrollees of the Connection Dental Plus plan will receive:
- Dental benefits that provide comprehensive and affordable coverage for preventive dental care services
- Year-round enrollment with eligibility until age 26
- Worldwide coverage with a large national network
- Access to included benefits including discounts on vision, electric toothbrush, teeth whitening, hearing aids and Life Alert services
- Dependents of a GEHA medical or dental plan member pay a lower premium than dependents of non-GEHA members
- Bank draft or quarterly billing payment options available
- Coverage begins the first of the month following receipt of all requirements
- See below for benefits and waiting periods
If you need help with the Bank Draft Authorization form, or have any questions, please call us at 800.793.9335.
|Covered services||Calendar year deductible||Waiting period||Provider participation||Benefit|
|Class A specified diagnostic & preventive||$0||None||In-network
|Class B other diagnostic, preventive, restorative and specified oral surgery||$50||None||In-network
|Class C endodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics, crowns, inlays and onlays||$100||12-month||In-network
|Class D orthodontics – comprehensive case (ages 6-17)||$0||24-month||In-network
|$50 per month
$25 per month
Connection Dental Plus premiums
If you are a GEHA medical or dental plan member, your dependent will pay a lower premium than non-GEHA members.
|Self Plus One|
|Self and Family|
- Calendar year deductibles apply separately to Class B and Class C covered services. The Class B deductible does not apply to or reduce the Class C deductible.
- Deductibles apply separately to each covered person.
- Class A, Class B and Class C covered services have a combined calendar year maximum benefit limit per covered person of $1,200.
- Class D covered services have a calendar year maximum benefit limit of $600 per covered child for treatment by a participating provider or $300 for treatment by a non-participating provider. Class D services also have a lifetime maximum benefit limit of $1,200 per covered child toward treatment by a participating provider or $600 for treatment by a non-participating provider.
- Waiting periods apply separately to each covered person. If an eligible dependent's effective date of coverage is later than the member's effective date of coverage, the waiting period for the eligible dependent begins on the effective date of coverage for the eligible dependent.
- Coverage for Class C covered services begins 12-months after the date the member or eligible dependent is first covered under the dental plan.
- Coverage for Class D Covered services begins 24-months after the date the covered child is first covered under the dental plan.
- Benefit percentages apply separately to each covered person. If an eligible dependent's effective date of coverage is later than the member's effective date of coverage, the benefit percentages for the eligible dependent begin on the effective date of coverage for the eligible dependent.
Dental procedure pricing tool
GEHA Find Care tool
Included benefits and discounts
Hearing aid discount
Electric toothbrush discount
Teeth whitening discount
1 The cariPRO™ premium toothbrush removes seven times more plaque than a regular brush, is completely waterproof and comes with a two-year manufacturer‘s warranty. Replacement brush heads with high-quality DuPont™ bristles are also available at this exclusive, member-only price.