Grilled fruit kebabs with balsamic drizzle
GEHA | July 18, 2019
Children and adults alike will love this fun dessert.
2 cups pineapple chunks
2 cups watermelon chunks
2 bananas (peeled, cut into large chunks)
1 package strawberries (stems discarded)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon canola oil
- If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Prepare the fruit by chopping 2 cups pineapple and 2 cups watermelon. Peel and thickly slice bananas and remove stems from strawberries.
- Thread fruit onto the 8 skewers, aiming for 2 pieces of each fruit per skewer: strawberry, pineapple, watermelon, banana, strawberry, pineapple, watermelon, and banana. Place onto a platter or a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, add vinegar, honey and oil. Whisk together with a fork. Use a basting brush to glaze fruit with about half the balsamic mixture.
- Add fruit kabobs to the grill. Turning a couple times while cooking and basting with remaining balsamic mixture, until fruit is caramelized about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from grill and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional values per serving:
|4.1 g||total fat|
|0.3 g||saturated fat|
|5.3 g||dietary fiber|
Reprinted on July 18, 2019, courtesy of the American Heart Association. For more, visit heart.org.