Use the Find Care tool to locate an in-network provider
GEHA | September 22, 2022
With 2.7 million in-network physician locations available in the United States, GEHA medical members shouldn’t have to travel far to locate a physician. That’s where the Find Care tool comes in handy.
To use the Find Care tool, visit geha.com/Find-Care. If you have High, Standard or HDHP, follow these steps:
- Select your medical plan or, if you're not already a member, the one you're interested in.
- Choose the tile that best describes the care you are trying to find. When you click the tile, it will turn purple.
- Once you’ve selected the appropriate tile, click the orange Next box in the bottom right corner.
- If you select Medical Health Care Providers or Medical Hospitals and Facilities, the system will ask you to choose your state. Clicking anywhere in the box will bring up a list of states. After you’ve picked your state, a box will appear underneath the state letting you know your assigned network. Click the orange Next box again. If you select Behavioral Health Providers, Behavioral Health Hospitals and Facilities or Dentists, the system will skip step four.
- Regardless of your type of care selected, the system will now ask for a location. Start typing in the box under enter a location. You can enter an address, state or Zip code of your house, work, child’s school or hotel (if you are traveling). The box will automatically offer suggestions based on what you type. On the right, you can also select the search radius. Click the orange Next box when you are done.
- You’re almost done! The final step is to select a specialty from the list on the left or enter your physician’s name on the right. Specialties are listed alphabetically. To choose a primary care physician, scroll to the Ps and select Primary Care (Preventive Care). Once you’ve selected a specialty, the system will automatically load the search results screen.
The search results screen lists all providers based on the criteria selected. The provider’s gender, address and phone number all appear on the first screen. Clicking on the provider’s name will display more information on a new screen, including office hours and participating GEHA plans.
If you have Elevate or Elevate Plus, follow these steps:
- After selecting your plan, choose from which type of care you are looking for: Medical, Mental Health, Pharmacies or Vision Care. After clicking the care tile, a new window will open.
- If you select the Medical or Mental Health tiles, you will be directed to the Rally Health portal. The Rally Health portal will offer several tiles with popular search categories – People, Places, Services and Conditions. Click any of these tiles to go to a new web page with more tiles designed to help narrow the search. Alternatively, if you know what you are trying to find, you can type it directly into the search bar above the category tiles.
- If you choose Pharmacies, you will be sent to the CVS Caremark pharmacy locator, where you can enter a ZIP code and see nearby pharmacies.
- If you elect Vision Care, you will be sent to the EyeMed provider locator, where you can enter a ZIP code and see nearby participating optical locations.
Still need help? We’ve got you covered. Check out these articles:
GEHA’s Customer Care team is also available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Central time, Monday through Friday, at 800.821.6136.