Walnut crusted tilapia
GEHA | September 4, 2018
Tasty tilapia recipe with only 253 calories and 11 grams of fat per serving.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. tilapia
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat baking dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
Beat egg in mixing bowl and add lemon zest, remaining olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Mix walnuts and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
Dip fish into egg mixture. Then dredge in crumb-nut mixture, coating both sides well.
Place breaded fillets on a prepared cooking dish. Bake for 17 minutes (or until inside of filet appears opaque) and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional values per serving:
- 253 calories
- 11 g total fat (2 g saturated fat)
- 11 g carbohydrate.
Reprinted on May 1, 2018, courtesy of the American Institute for Cancer Research. For more, visit aicr.org.