Rosemary-peach chicken kebabs with orange glaze
End your day on a sweet note with these chicken-and-peach kebabs brushed with a honeyed citrus glaze.
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 1-1/2-inch pieces, all visible fat discarded
- 2 large ripe but firm peaches, cut into 16 1-inch wedges
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 16 1-1/2-inch squares
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. grated orange zest
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 tsp. honey
- 1-1/2 tsp. canola oil OR 1-1/2 tsp. corn oil
Makes 4 servings.
- Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium.
- Meanwhile, thread the chicken, peaches and bell pepper alternately onto four 14- to 16-inch metal skewers. Sprinkle the pepper and salt over the kebabs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Set aside half the glaze (about 2 tablespoons). Brush both sides of the kebabs with the remaining glaze.
- Grill the kebabs for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the vegetables are almost tender, turning once halfway through and brushing with the reserved 2 tablespoons of glaze, using a clean basting brush. Reduce the heat or move the kebabs to a cooler area of the grill if they are cooking too fast.
Nutritional values per serving:
|5 g||total fat|
|1 g||saturated fat|
|2 g||dietary fiber|
|25 g ||protein|
Reprinted on May 20, 2019, courtesy of the American Heart Association. For more, visit heart.org.