Sweet potato nachos
GEHA | January 4, 2022
3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and thinly sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped tomato (1 medium Italian plum [Roma] tomato) OR 1/3 cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup chopped avocado
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two medium baking pans with aluminum foil. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potatoes, oil, paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder. Spread the sweet potato mixture in a single layer in the baking pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Using a spatula, turn over the sweet potatoes. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove the pans from the oven. Sprinkle the beans and Cheddar over the sweet potatoes. Bake for 2 minutes, or until the Cheddar melts.
- Sprinkle with the tomato and avocado.
Makes six servings.
Nutritional values per serving:
|5.5 g||total fat|
|1.5 g||saturated fat|
Reprinted on January 4, 2022, courtesy of the American Heart Association. For more, visit recipes.heart.org.