Virtual Lifestyle Management Program for better health
|"I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live." –Jim, age 56, lost 35 pounds with VLM
Did you know that losing just 5 percent of your current weight lowers the risk of Type 2 diabetes and other chronic conditions?
Virtual Lifestyle Management (VLM) is an online program for GEHA health members that guides you toward your health goals by helping you lose that 5 percent or more while you gain healthy habits for a lifetime.
You'll learn to:
- understand and overcome your own barriers to losing weight;
- learn and practice proper nutrition;
- develop effective ways to gradually and safely increase your physical activity; and
- eat foods you enjoy in the comfort of your own home.
Developed by doctors and weight-loss experts, the year-long program has helped people lose weight and keep it off since 2006.
- 16 weekly online lessons, 30 minutes each;
- eight monthly lessons;
- tools to track your activities, 3-5 minutes a day; and
- a personal coach.
- to be an active GEHA health plan member with a chronic condition,*
- to meet specific health related criteria,
- a computer with audio, and
- Internet access.
*Participating members will receive up to five Explanations of Benefits (EOBs) when VLM billing milestones are met. ABK Ventures will bill GEHA $195 for each of the following milestones: 1. Upon completion of the orientation lesson. 2. After completion of two VLM lessons within four weeks of enrollment 3. Completion of three additional VLM lessons within weeks 5 and 13 after enrollment 4. When participant loses at least 5 percent of body weight as submitted by digital scale 5. If member agrees to continue to receive coaching after the first year on the program. This program is provided to GEHA health plan members at no cost.