Spicy southern barbecued chicken
GEHA | June 18, 2019
Spicy southern barbecued chicken ingredients:
5 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. ketchup
2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. molasses
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 tsp. white vinegar
3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tsp. ginger, grated
1-1/2 pound chicken, skinless
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on large platter and brushing with half of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for one hour.
- Place chicken on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees and add remaining sauce to chicken.
- Cover chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional values per serving:
|4 g||total fat|
|<1 g||saturated fat|
|1 g||dietary fiber|
For more healthy recipes, visit this page.
Reprinted on June 18, 2019, courtesy of the Department of Health & Human Services.