Green bean casserole
GEHA | December 10, 2019
1 lb. frozen green beans (French cut is best), thawed
10.5 oz. canned, reduced-fat, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 small onion (cut into thin strips)
nonstick Cooking spray
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, combine green beans, soup, sour cream and pepper. Stir until well mixed and bake for 20 minutes.
- While casserole bakes, spread out onion sticks and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle flour over onion pieces, tossing to coat equally.
- Spray a medium-large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until crisply, stirring occasionally.
- Remove casserole from oven, add ½ onions and stir well.
- Top with remaining half and return to oven, bake 5 minutes more.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional values per serving:
|2.0 g||total fat|
|0.5 g||saturated fat|
|2 g||dietary fiber|
Reprinted on December 10, 2019, courtesy of the American Heart Association. For more, visit heart.org.