We are here to serve you – while you serve our country
GEHA | June 9, 2020
GEHA wants to be sure you get the best quality care.
As one of the largest benefits providers serving federal employees, retirees and their dependents, GEHA is committed to the health and well-being of all our members and the communities we serve. Our role is to support you and help you during this complicated and ever-changing period.
Since January 2020, GEHA has been responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Coordinated with OPM, GEHA has proactively reviewed our benefit offerings and adjusted our medical plan benefits and dental plan benefits to facilitate proper care during this challenging time.
In addition, we:
- Provided several webinars and blog posts to help you understand COVID-19 and provide options to stay active while at home. Topics included benefit updates, tips on staying emotionally and mentally healthy, making the most of quarantine time and protecting your cyber-health during COVID-19. Watch a GEHA webinar on-demand.
- Shared information to GEHA subscribers with details about how GEHA is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Contacted high-risk medical subscribers by telephone to do a wellness check and help make certain they were safe and that their medical needs were being met.
- Called dental subscribers who may not be receiving our emails to make them aware of benefit updates.
- Sent direct mail pieces to our subscribers who we weren’t able to reach by email or phone to make them aware of our benefit changes.
In mid-March, we made the decision to protect our workforce. Since then, nearly 100% of our employees have been serving GEHA members from their homes. This decision helps assure that we can continue to serve you, and other members, without interruption of service or benefits.
In times like these, we are proud and fortunate to serve as your health partner. If you have questions about your benefits please contact our Customer Care team.