Apple pear crisp
GEHA | December 12, 2022
Warm up your home and your stomach with this delicious and refreshing fruit crisp. Bake this dessert for holiday gatherings or make a batch to keep for yourself.
- 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons trans-fat-free tub margarine, chilled in freezer for 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Stevia sugar blend
- 1 large pear, such as Anjou or Bartlett, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Stevia sweetener or 1 Stevia sweetener packet
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 large apple, such as Granny Smith, Fuji, or Gala, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crisp ingredients. Spoon ½ cup of the apple-pear mixture into four 6-ounce ovenproof glass custard cups or porcelain ramekins.
- In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients until well blended. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit mixture in each custard cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fruit mixture is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional values per serving:
Reprinted on December 22, 2022, courtesy of the American Heart Association. For more healthy recipes, visit recipes.heart.org.