GEHA stands with those impacted by the Hawaii wildfires
GEHA | August 25, 2023
GEHA responds with support to aid Hawaii wildfire survivors.
Our hearts go out to the people of Hawaii affected by the devastating August wildfires.
To assist our members throughout the entire state of Hawaii, we are immediately doing the following:
GEHA will approve a one-time emergency refill of medication for medical plan members for the entire state of Hawaii. In cooperation with CVS Caremark, affected members within the emergency area taking specialty medications will be contacted to discuss alternate delivery arrangements or courier service, if needed. Call 844.443.4279
- GEHA is authorizing exemptions of prior authorizations for its members regarding several key medical needs
- No prior authorization required for skilled nursing facility stays, hospital-to-hospital transfers or oxygen
- No late penalties will be applied for any delays in authorization requests
- Replacement of durable medical equipment (DME) will be allowed and will not be subject to standard benefit limitations. Coverage may include: oxygen equipment, wheelchairs, crutches or testing supplies for people living with diabetes, hypertension or other chronic conditions.
If you are a FEDVIP dental member affected by the Hawaii wildfires, you can use Teledentistry.com — and GEHA will waive the annual limitation on this benefit.
- Find a provider
- For member ID lookup
- To discuss plan benefits
Please call CVS Caremark at 844.443.4279 to:
- Refill prescriptions
- Have emergency prescriptions delivered
GEHA Customer Care is available Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–7 p.m. Central time
GEHA is volunteering with international aid organization and GEHA Gives grant partner Heart-to-Heart International to prepare hygiene and care kits for those affected. These are being sent to Hawaii to support those impacted and the local organizations and clinics assisting them.