Benefits of telemedicine
GEHA | January 9, 2019
Telemedicine is the use of technology that enables remote health care. It allows doctors to treat patients by using a computer or smartphone.
Telemedicine is convenient and cost-effective. It is designed to handle non-emergency medical conditions and behavioral health issues and can often substitute for a doctor’s office, urgent care center or emergency room visit. Telemedicine is not intended to replace your primary care doctor or to be used in life-threatening emergencies.
All GEHA medical members are eligible for telemedicine powered by MDLIVE. The service is free for Standard Option, High Option and Medicare primary medical plan members. For High Deductible Health Plan members, the telemedicine service is subject to the plan deductible. However, once the deductible has been met, you will be reimbursed 100% of your plan allowance.Benefits of telemedicine with MDLIVE:
- Consult with a board-certified doctor by phone, secure video or MDLIVE app – anytime, from anywhere. Licensed therapists are also available by appointment via secure video.
- Average wait time is less than 10 minutes to see a state-licensed, board-certified physician averaging 15 years of practice experience.
- Your covered dependents are also eligible. Pediatricians are available 24/7 to serve your youngest family members.
Covered non-emergency conditions
- Ear problems
- Insect bites
- Pink eye
- Respiratory problems
- Sore throats
- Urinary problem/UTI
Covered behavioral health conditions
- Bipolar disorders
- Child and adolescent issues
- Eating disorders
- Gender identification
- Grief and loss
- Life changes
- Men’s health
- Panic disorders
- Postpartum depression
- Relationship and marriage
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's health
To learn more about GEHA's telemedicine benefit, visit Telemedicine/Telebehavior.
To activate your MDLIVE account online, visit MDLIVE.com.