I’m heading back to in-person workplace. How can I stay healthy?
GEHA | October 1, 2021
Dr. Shusko is a Family Medicine, Occupational Medicine and Preventive Medicine physician. He recently retired from the Navy after 35 years and is a Medical Director at GEHA, focusing on Prevention and Wellness.
A) At this stage in the COVID-19 pandemic, most new cases are found in the unvaccinated population who are in close contact with one another. CDC has guidance on how to protect yourself when traveling or working outside the home. Here are some ways to stay healthy when returning to an in-person workplace:
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is the key element in a multi-layered approach to protect workers and staying healthy in the workplace.
- The CDC recommends wearing a mask in communities with a high transmission rate, consider wearing one in your workplace.
- Regular exercise, a healthy diet and getting enough sleep are also very important to keeping your body healthy and preventing disease.
- Reducing stress and dealing with anxiety and depression is important for mental health.
- Review CDC, OSHA, state and local guidance on COVID-19 precautions in the workplace: