GEHA | August 22, 2022
Try this low-sugar spin on the traditional banana bread recipe.
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons stevia sweetener OR 18 stevia sweetener packets
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium semi-ripe bananas (mashed with a fork)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- 1/3 cup extra-light olive oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, stevia sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, egg, juice and oil until well blended.
- Pour into the flour mixture, stirring together just until moistened but no flour is visible. Stir in the walnuts. Pour the batter into the pans, about halfway full, smoothing the tops.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the pans to a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
Makes 24 servings. One serving is 1 slice.
Nutritional values per serving:
|3.5 g||total fat|
For more, visit recipes.heart.org.