Telemedicine with MDLIVE
24/7 virtual access to providers and therapists
All GEHA health plan members are eligible for telemedicine with MDLIVE. Activate your MDLIVE account online or by calling 888.912.1183.
- Consult with a board-certified doctor by phone, secure video or MDLIVE app – anytime, from anywhere. Licensed therapists also available by appointment via secure video.
- Average wait time is less than 10 minutes to see a state-licensed, board-certified physician averaging 15 years of practice experience.
- Your family members are also eligible, and we have pediatricians available 24/7.
How much does it cost?
Medical consultations and behavioral health consultations are:
- $0 for High Option and Standard Option plan members,
- $0 for Medicare primary members, and
- $42 for Health Savings Advantage HDHP members who have not met their deductible. HDHP members who have met their deductible will be charged $42 by MDLIVE, but GEHA will then reimburse the member 100%.
MDLIVE is designed to handle non-emergency medical conditions and behavioral health issues and can often substitute for a doctor’s office, urgent care center or emergency room visit. Telemedicine is not
intended to replace your primary care doctor or to be used in life-threatening emergencies. In case of a life-threatening emergency, dial 911 immediately.
| • Acne
• Cold / Flu
• Ear problems
• Insect bites
• Nausea / Vomiting
• Pink eye
• Respiratory problems
• Sore throats
• Urinary problems / UTI*
• And more
| • Addictions
• Bipolar disorders
• Child and adolescent issues
• Eating disorders
• Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender issues
• Grief and loss
• Life changes
• Men’s issues
• Panic disorders
• Parenting issues
• Postpartum depression
• Relationship and marriage issues
• Trauma and PTSD
• Women’s issues
• And more
E-prescriptions can be sent to your local pharmacy (if required) for medical conditions. MDLIVE cannot prescribe medication for behavioral health conditions.
*MDLIVE physicians may not treat any children with urinary symptoms. Parents/guardians will be required to complete a different medical history disclosure form for children under the age of 36 months before making an appointment with an MDLIVE physician. Children under 36 months who present with fever must be referred to their pediatrician (medical home), child-friendly urgent care center or emergency department for clinical evaluation and care.